Why this Blog Exists?
Personal - 2021-04-23
Hey, I’m Tadas. If you don’t know me, I am a Flutter Developer, YouTuber, and now Developer Advocate at Agora. This is my blog site, and here is why it exists.
All these platforms on the internet are driven by algorithms. And no matter how much you want to not care about them, you still do, and need/want to keep up with them to stay relevant. And even though I have a lot of hobbies other than development I rarely share them.
Each one of these other hobbies does have one similarity. Learning. Learning is what my life is centered around, and it is the main message that I want to share. The reason you have only seen development topics from me is simply that it is the most accessible, easiest to learn something daily, and the algorithms prefer you to niche down.
But, this is my website, my blog, and no algorithm is going to tell me what to write about 😊
One of my favorite hobbies is reading. That is the first idea that comes to mind is having “book notes” and “book reviews” for the books that I enjoy reading.
Inevitably there will be some articles about development, since that is what the majority of my work is on, and probably some articles correlating to the videos I make.
But the plan is to separate each type of article by tags. Tags can quickly get out of hand, so the plan is also to keep them to a minimum, so the site doesn’t get cluttered. And if you only care about one of these tags, you can tune into just those, but in my biased opinion, there will be a lot of cool things to learn from it all.
Here’s a list of some of the tags I think could be used:
- personal - articles like this, that deal with more personal things not related to anything specifically. Life updates, site updates, anything about me.
- book-notes - I like to take notes for each book that I read so that if I ever need to go back and find a specific point or refresh about it, it’s easily available. Like a summary, but only for the important parts
- book-review - My thoughts about the book.
- flutter - Technical topic about Flutter
- agora - Technical topic about Agora
- finance - This is a topic, I don’t talk about much, but something I have been deeply interested in for the past 2-3 years
- fitness - I don’t know if an article about this will ever make it, but I have been consistently working out for ~5 years, and inconsistently before that.
- woodworking - I love building things 😊
- cars - This goes with the previous one, I have been into cars for a long time. On average I change cars once a year, and I have made money on most of them.
And although all these topics are different from each other, they do focus on one thing. Learning.
This blog gives me the freedom to branch out.